If you have been the victim of a crime in Arizona, you have certain rights while justice is being served. Many of our clients who have been the victims of crimes like hit and run accidents, DUI accidents, and nursing home abuse may not understand their rights to the fullest extent. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a crime in Arizona, read on to see what rights you have, and if you need representation don’t hesitate to call us.
The injury attorneys at Phoenix Accident and Injury Law Firm in Phoenix have significant experience in helping clients who have been victims of crimes and need to know their rights. If you need help filing a claim for one of these awful, life changing accidents, we are here to help you get the compensation you deserve. Our offices are conveniently located in Chandler, Peoria, and North Phoenix, and we can meet in-person or over the phone or video call. You can contact us for a free consultation, or read on to find out more.
By the way, we will also help with other problems that have cost you sleep, like getting a rental car very soon and finding a nearby doctor or psychiatrist who can help get your life back on track. Even the best legal team isn’t good enough if your quality of life isn’t sustainable while justice and compensation are on the way. The whole point of legal action is to regain quality of life, so we help you long-term as attorneys and short-term as your go-to people. Our familiarity with the local Phoenix courts makes us confident that we can help you get the best settlement possible.
If you are unsure whether or not you can afford an attorney, don’t worry. We only get paid when you settle. Check out our Attorney Fees Calculator to find out more.
Read Our Client Reviews
“Shane and Karissa were the best! They handled my auto settlement with high quality service and always were patient with my questions! Thanks to them, I got my case settled smoothly and quicker than I expected! Definitely recommend to others!” – Winnie F. (Read this Review on Google)
“I had an excellent experience with Karissa and Shane. Shane guided me through every step of the way and communication was ten out of ten. Shane was honest, understanding, and not only made sure I was paid but made sure my injuries were handled by medical professionals. The team truly cared about my satisfaction and well-being. The process was easier than I thought it was going to be and I’m glad I chose them to handle my auto accident. They really are the best personal injury law firm in Arizona.” – Haftom A. (Read this Review on Google)
Your rights if you have been a victim of a crime in Arizona break down into 3 categories: Safety, Knowledge, and Due Process.
As a victim of a crime in Arizona, you have the right to:
- Keep your contact information confidential
- Be notified of scheduled and unscheduled release dates and escapes
- Be kept separate from the defendant
- Petition the defendant’s release
- Be present and informed of all criminal proceedings when the defendant has the legal right to be present
- Speak with the prosecutor
- Be treated with dignity and respect
As a victim of a crime in Arizona, you have the right to be informed:
- Of all of your rights as a victim, as well as the knowledge of how to assert those rights
- Of services that are available to you, including crisis intervention, medical and emergency services, victim assistance programs, and domestic violence resources
As a victim of a crime in Arizona, you have the right to participate in the criminal justice process, which includes the ability to:
- Receive notice of all court proceedings
- Be heard at all release, plea, and sentencing proceedings
- Have the court order restitution/financial compensation
- A speedy trial
You have the right to request:
- A copy of the conditions of the accused’s release
- Notice of release on bond
- Notice of all court proceedings
- That your personal property be returned
- To be advised of the sentence imposed
- Notification of any probation revocation or proceeding
Get Help Now
At Phoenix Accident and Injury Law Firm near you, we have more than 15 years of experience helping clients who have been victims of crimes and need to know their rights in the Phoenix area. When you’re ready to talk, please contact our office to arrange a free initial consultation by phone or at our Chandler office, conveniently located near you.
If you have been in a DUI accident, contact Phoenix Accident and Injury Law Firm in nearby Chandler, AZ to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We provide personal injury legal services to clients in your area including Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Peoria.